Sunday, December 9, 2007

WFT?

I never watch Outside The Lines on ESPN, but I woke up kinda early today and in the middle of my internet veg out time this morning, I happened to turn on ESPN. I wasn't really watching it, it was just on in the background. However, just like 2 minutes ago I happened to look up and watch for a second. They had this dude on talking about some shit or another and he said verbatum "if you have a shitty hockey team...". I swear to God, I heard someone drop the word Shit on ESPN OTL. I mean I'm not offended or anything, but Bob Ley just acted like he used the word "stinky" or something instead. He didn't even flinch. They kept the guy on and let him finish and no one did anything...

UPDATE: Despite searching long and hard (any by long and hard I mean typing "outside the lines shitty hockey player" in google) I have found no evidence that this dude even said the word "shitty". Thanks for the comments too guys, for the my own reassurance I just needed to know that I was not the only one who heard that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, I saw the same thing. I didn't believe it at first, but hit rewind on my DVR. The crazy thing is Bob Ley (the host) didn't even acknolwledge that the guy said "shitty". I think he completely missed it. I bet this will cause a lot of fake outrage, and it will force the show to be shown on tape delay.

Bracketbuster said...

No doubt! I heard it to and then rewound it on my DVR to be sure I wasn't imagining it. Bob Ley was pretty much reactionless. I'm sure OTL will be hearing about that one.

I just googled "shitty hockey" and "outside the lines" and your post came up.

Bracketbuster said...

I heard it....couldn't believe it. I rewound it and for sure he said it.