Friday, October 5, 2007

Real Quick Frustration Post

Why is it that the media assumes that the Yankees will win Games 3 and 4 in the Bronx? Just because the Tribe is throwing out a 15 game winner in Paul Byrd and an improving sinkerballer who has beaten the Yankees before in Jake Westbrook, doesn't mean they're automatically going to lose. Last time I checked, the Yankees' pitching is pretty awful. Can Clemens win still? And Mussina? Am I missing something here?

I'm not being a homer. Give me Byrd and Westbrook over Mussina anyday, and Clemens in his current state. "Playoff experience" doesn't mean SHIT when your arm is made out of fetuccini. If the Yanks don't win tonight, fuck it I'm going there, they lose in 4. Which means I don't get to go to Game 5, but you know what? If it means the Tribe is in the ALCS, I could care less.

Live Blog coming for Game 2. Leaving work here in a second. No idea what I'm going to eat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why is it that the media assumes that the Yankees will win Games 3 and 4 in the Bronx?

Media thought they would win game 1 and 2 also. Watch their heads explode when the Indians win game 3.

Also has anyone else been little pissed off at the lack of information these damn announcers are giving? Have they seen a Cleveland game all year or are they really this clueless? I know it's a requirement to fellatio the Yankees but damn. At least get some new information on them or something.